Monday, August 12, 2013

Monday August 12, 2013

So either last week or the week before I had an idea. Make 5 PB&J sandwiches and put some bottled water in a cooler and everyday on the way to work and from work I look for homeless people and give them a meal. The thought came and went, but mostly came.  So yesterday after a most powerful day at church I said you know what, I can do this and I will do this.  So Kasey and I went to Publix after church for groceries.  I bought a loaf of bread (I already had the PB&J and water at home.  Last night before bed I made 5 sandwiches and packed ice in zip loc bags and cleaned the cooler.

I prayed for God to lead me to people that needed a little meal.  I had a dentist appointment this morning and I thought "opportunity to see more people".  I didn't see anyone until I got on 95, I remembered I had been seeing a man sleep under the overpass for Broward Blvd.  At first I was alarmed when I saw him, thinking he would be hurt or arrested.  But I have seen him there most mornings.  Today I stopped - ON THE HIGHWAY - I pulled over, turned on my flashers, got out in RUSH HOUR TRAFFIC and stood by him yelling for him to wake up.  "BUDDY I have food" over and over, he didn't budge, then I thought Oh Dear God please let him be alive. Then I said "Sir I have food" and he stirred awake. Sat up and I said I brought you something to eat, he smiled, then I said I will pray for you. He said thank you. I said bye and got back in my car and headed to work.  I will stop every morning I see him.  God wants me to.

I have 4 more little meals and I know people are always on the corners in the afternoon. Maybe they like to sleep in.

No comments:

Post a Comment