Monday, August 19, 2013

August 19, 2013

So, yesterday after church I had to run some errands. Kasey Stump and smooch were with me, he was of course asleep. We went to Home Depot, and I ran in and got what I needed. Then I had to go to pool store to get a new pool cleaner. We took a different way, a way I never go. We drove past a lemonade stand, it said "FREE LEMONADE" ~ I told Kasey we are stopping on the way home, it is to cute to pass up and I bet they are raising money for something. I felt compelled to go. So I stop, Smooch is asleep, Kasey stays in car with him. There was a sign Mangos ~ 2 for $4, ok I will help a kid out! So I go up and there is a little boy standing between his mom and grandma and Grandpa standing off to the side. There was a shoe box with a hole cut in the lid with DONATIONS written on it. I asked him what he was raising money for. He looked up at me and was chewing and shook his head no. His mom said when he is done chewing he will tell you. The kid had a HUGE piece of something, clearly it was going to be awhile, he whispered to his mom something and she looked at me and said.........
"We are raising money to put together bags together with PJ's and some clothes for kids in FOSTER CARE so they have something to wear when they get picked up". Well slap me silly and called me AMAZED!!!!! I fumbled out the words, I am right now in the process of getting licensed to Foster. And we talked for awhile..........
I had a weekend full of doubts and anxiety about things. Stress had crept in. I have my home inspection tonight and thought I was just overwhelmed with nerves. I kept praying for calm and assurance that I was indeed doing what He intended. 
Well here's your sign FREE LEMONADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love GOD he is so cool that way...............

No comments:

Post a Comment